Monday, October 19, 2009

Missing

I noticed that some of my projects are missing from this site. Here they are...
This is a family quilt I helped my friend with for Christmas last year. It has all the names of each child and grandchild around the boarder with the grandparents in the middle. Also on this quilt is the date the gandparents were married and a quote from the scriptures, 'As for me and my house we will serve the Lord.' I loved doing this with my friend and her parents loved receiving it.


A women who works with my mother had twins this year. I made her two cordinating 3D blankets from Thimble Art Quilts. I loved doing the animals and seeing them come alive.

Remember this, well this is the quilt from that pattern.

In May, my dear friend had a baby prematurly. The baby did not make it. I wanted to make something for her to document his short life and something to bring her comfort. While I was driving to Utah one week, this idea just came to me while I was asking myself, 'What would I want if that happened to me?' The idea was a pillow. I would want something to hold because I couldn't hold my baby.

The next is a Martha Stewart pattern. I made these cute little booties for a baby shower in our ward. They are too small for any baby to wear, but you can make them larger.

For a gift, I made a 'bankie'; a small blanket any kid can carry around. It is 15" x 15", the perfect size.

4 comments:

Kim said...

You are absolutely amazing, Gui! (BTW--did I miss what that stands for?)

You restore my faith in your generation knowing how to sew...I appreciate your talents!

Mindy said...

I'll have to tell you one day what Gui stands for. It was a college thing. Thank you for the compliment. I love to sew and find a lot of satisfaction in finishing something I've made with my hands.

Meg said...

Thhank you for my Clayton pillow. I love it, that was so thoughtful of you!

maggie said...

Honestly, you are AMAZING!! Do you have an ETSY shop? If not, you should!